Monday, September 10, 2007

RIA'S BLUEBIRD

She says:
Before the mohawked hostess even seated us or brought out a delicious glass of fresh-squeezed OJ, I already liked Ria’s Bluebird. This offbeat Grant Park brunch spot has an incredibly casual and welcoming vibe. In fact, while waiting outside I’d already been befriended by a group of hipsters who seemed to be Bluebird regulars. Once inside, or rather, in the open air patio, we perused our menus to the faint guitars of Sonic Youth beating on the overhead radio.

We had heard that the pancakes at Ria’s Bluebird are the best in town, so I gave them a shot. The buttermilk pancakes are very good – fluffy and very buttery – particularly with blueberries, which is how I had them. I still prefer the pancakes at Sweet Melissa’s in Decatur, but Ria’s are a close runner-up.

He says:
The egg-lover that I am, I went straight for the special of the day. The Bluebird’s version of Eggs Benedict is an intriguing variation of an old standby; instead of sitting atop an English muffin, the two poached eggs lie over potato latkes. Unlike other potato pancakes I’ve had in the past, these latkes used mashed, rather than grated, potatoes, and were fried to perfection. The result, when paired with the eggs and hollandaise sauce, was absolutely sublime. By turns rich, creamy, and tangy, this platter was possibly the best brunch item I’ve had in Atlanta.

The cheese grits I ordered on the side were also good, though not up to par with the Flying Biscuit’s version.

We say:
Head to Ria’s Bluebird for a casually hip vibe and some of the best brunch in town.



Ria's Bluebird
421 Memorial Drive SE, Atlanta, GA. 30312
http://www.riasbluebird.com/

No comments: